What is an IPL Treatment?
Intense Pulsed Light treatment is a non-invasive skin rejuvenation system that is safe and versatile. It uses laser and pulsed-light technology to reduce visible signs of skin issues such as rosacea, sun spots, mild scarring, dark under-eye circles, fine lines, and broken blood vessels (spider veins). At Breeze Laser Center, we use the Palomar Icon laser for comfortable, effective treatment.
What Does an IPL Treatment Feel Like?
Most patients experience little to no discomfort during a Palomar Icon IPL procedure. Minor swelling or redness may occur after treatment, but it is short term and temporary. Targeted areas will usually fade within 10-14 days after the procedure, but sometimes multiple treatments will be necessary in order to fully erase the appearance of the targeted area.
What Kinds of Conditions Can be Treated with Palomar Icon Photo Rejuvenation?
- Telangiectasia–Small, abnormaldilation of blood vessels near the surface of the skin. Commonly found on the nose, face, or legs.
- Angiomas–Often called ‘Cherry Angiomas,’ because of their red appearance. Common skin growths whose broken blood vessels give them their characteristic red appearance. Usually round and small.
- Spider Veins–Small blood vessels, which are usually blue, red, or purple in color. Found close to the surface of the skin, and have a branched/ spider web-like appearance.
- Port Wine Stains–Reddish-purple birthmarks that often resemble wine spilled on the skin
- Rosacea–Chronic skin disorder characterized by red flushing, rashes, or inflammation. Mostly found on the nose, cheeks, forehead, and chin.